guess who's alive and well from a weekend of fun in vegas? to sum it all up, it was a blast.
this trip was a little different than my other vegas trips because what began as a blogger meet-up, turned into a trip of 6 friends having an awesome time.
reni and elisse were the new kids on the block as the toronto girls go way back and for real yo, i commend them for committing a whole weekend away from the comforts of their home and braving a trip that was full of unknowns. you can connect to someone over the internet to some degree but you don't get to fully understand who they are and all of their little nuances until you meet that person in real life. the best part was that it didn't feel weird or awkward. for me, it sort of felt like catching up with people i hadn't seen or talked to in a long time.
this vegas trip was jam-packed with shopping, relaxing, drinking, clubbing and napping to keep us going. travelling with others can be tricky but we all knew what to expect from one another because we all posted about our travel quirks. really, i don't think it would have mattered if we posted that or not simply because these gals are all so laid-back and we all got to do what we wanted.
for some reason, i remember the outlets in primm having a better selection with better price points however, i still managed to get some goodies. check it:
- michael kors clutch in gun metal. i love the short, heavy chain-link strap
- michael kors tortoise shell sunglasses
- michael kors make-up bag (i'll be using this as a clutch) and a passport holder (which i'll be using as a small wallet)
- jeweled cuff in gun metal with dark, subtle stones from Guess. i love this cuff!
- i also bought a liquid liner in jade green (#34) from Inglot but forgot to take a pic. click here to see what it looks like. it's waterproof and so pretty.
thanks to maur's awesome hook-ups to the hottest clubs in vegas, flowing drinks were abound, resulting in good times, drunk picture-taking, aching feet and hang-overs.
Tao Nightclub, Venetian Hotel - wristbands for free drinks, VIP, no line-up and free admission? yes please! however, that didn't come without a price and that price was pounding back as many drinks as possible within 30 minutes before the wristbands expired. by the way in case you were wondering, yes, we killed that bar.
Marquee Nightclub, Cosmopolitan Hotel - hoofing it up 6 flights of stairs (in heels!!), being paraded by a line-up of guys and squashed like sardines in the hip-hop room only made our already-sore feet scream in anger so of course we had to self-medicate in the form of vodka and soda all.night.long.
when flowing drinks happen to good people:
on sunday, reni and elisse flew back home so the toronto girls had a low-key dinner and then headed out to see this:
after the show, we roamed around the hotel for a bit and it was there that i was introduced to the party of parties:
i'm not into gambling of any sort but this fun game ate my $20 and i didn't even care because all i wanted to hear that stupid horn which meant it was jackpot party time. you basically have to match 3 "party" icons and you get a jackpot party which is the bonus round and all kids of awesome.
me and steph were so into this game that we searched our hotel for this slot machine, rushed to pack and get ready on monday morning just so we could check out and still have enough time to feed more money into this thing. we screamed and cheered whenever we got a party that the waitress came over and cheered with us. when the game ended, i felt all sad and empty inside and we even searched the airport to see if this machine was there (it wasn't boohoo!).
other trip highlights:
- steph and i were 5 minutes too late to see a bust go down right by our hotel. on our way to the fashion mall, we saw some guys selling water for $1. on the way back, the cops were giving it away and when we stopped to grab some, they told us that those guys were going to jail and would be slapped with a $300 fine
- steph and i nearly missed our flight to vegas because we were so busy chatting that we didn't even hear the boarding announcement until the last boarding call
- leesh's mom sent over 2 bottles of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries (so sweet!)
- super jackpot party!! i seriously love this game; i even tried to find it in the android market/apple app store but they don't have it :(
- steph was dreading wearing her heels again and as i was getting ready, i heard behind me "does this go?" and i turned around to find her standing there wearing a pretty black cocktail dress with green polka dot wedges. it was hilarious and we couldn't stop laughing. i honestly think that she was really hoping i woud say yes so she could wear them instead of her high heels
- someone's feet stank up the plane so bad that steph buried her face in her jacket, i was smelling the magazine i was reading, the airline worker walked down the aisle waving his arms saying "whew! it stinks in here!" and this other girl beside us actually sprayed perfume in her face. i consider this a highlight because it was so funny
thanks to all the girls who came out and made this trip a memorable one. happy birthday to maur and reni - hope this weekend goes in your books as one of your best birthday weekends yet!