// while driving home last friday, this van passed me and i couldn’t stop laughing:
// whelp, winter is officially here. as in mother nature shat snow on us more than once this past week. this obviously called for a hearty beef stew which i made in my crockpot, thanks to my friend’s recipe. ladies - you need to make this stew and tell winter to back the fuck up.
- 4lbs bottom round, well-trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- olive oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine (i used 2 cups of cabernet sauvignon)
- 1lbs mini potatoes, halved (i used a mixture of red and white)
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth (i used 1 cup broth)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- coat beef in flour. heat olive oil in a large skillet on med-high heat and brown meat a few pieces at a time, adding more oil as necessary. transfer meat to 4-6qt crock pot**
- add onions to skillet and cook over medium heat until tender. add tomato paste and mix to coat onions. transfer to crock pot
- pour the wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits; add to the cooker.
- stir in the rest of the veggies and herbs.
- cover and cook on high for 6hrs or low for 7.5hrs.
**note: the flour ends up burning so i scraped out all the black crap and threw it in the garbage before browning more beef because i'm asian and we're afraid of blackened bits because fear of cancer.
// this link filled with delicious pictures of charlie hunnam. my vagina was not prepared to see all of this at 10am on wednesday morning.
if you don't watch Sons of Anarchy, you need to step back and re-evaluate your life.
// all things crocheted. i seriously love this cowl i made. it was simple and quick - only took me about 1.5hrs. the ear warmer is so cozy too!
// this song. i'm a song skipper; that means that i'll listen to most of a song and then skip to the next track even if the song isn't done. however, i NEVER EVER skip this song because awesome.
// this meme. i feel so bad for buffalo; parts of the city got buried under 7ft of snow but this meme wins all things.
linking up with amanda because it's friday and it's what we do.